How to Check if Your PAN Card is Valid or Not
Do you think we all have an account number that is permanent? Sounding familiar? Obviously – the PAN card. In fact, it is the short form for Permanent Account Number. Sometimes things could get a little shuffled up here and there – there’s no doubt. In moments like this, we tend to panic and lose control. One such time is if you find out your PAN number is invalid. Now, this proof of identification plays a vital role in our day-to-day lives. It could become hard to move on after that.
But, in this post, we will be seeing how to find out if you have a valid PAN number.
Let’s get started.
How to Know if You Have a Valid PAN Card?
Due to an error, some people may have had multiple PAN cards. Therefore, it is critical to determine whether or not their PAN card is still valid. Anyone can determine whether their PAN card is still active by following the steps outlined.
- People must first access the Income Tax Department’s website (https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/Services/KnowYourPanLinkGS.html) and then navigate to the ‘Services’ button on the homepage.
- Consumers must then select the ‘Know your PAN’ option, which is located on the left side of the webpage.
- When the following page loads, persons must provide their name, age, gender, date of birth, status, and registered cellphone number before clicking the submit button.
- A notice will be displayed if an individual possesses more than one PAN card.
- Following that, an OTP, or Time Password, will be provided to the individual’s mobile number. This OTP will need to be supplied.
- Following that, the PAN card status will be revealed.
If you still have doubts – you can surely ring the PAN customer care number.
Deactivation of the PAN Card
The Income Tax Department is waging a campaign to deactivate PAN cards issued to income tax assessees who have numerous PAN cards. An individual should ideally have only one PAN. Some people, with or without their knowledge, have multiple PAN cards.
This new objective of the IT Department is gradually affecting persons who have several PAN cards. They are unable to access their credit cards in order to file their IT returns. This is because the PAN that they are using to file returns has most likely been canceled.
When a PAN is revoked, the taxpayer’s access to the income tax e-filing system is likewise disabled. This presents significant problems for the taxpayer because he or she will be unable to file IT returns through the Income Tax Department’s e-filing portal. The taxpayer would also be unable to access or respond to alerts or intimations sent by the Income Tax Department via the website.
What to Do if Your PAN Has Been Deactivated?
When the PAN you use to file your tax returns is deleted, you may face a slew of complications. You can resolve this issue as soon as possible by taking the following steps:
- You must first compose and send a letter to your jurisdictional AO at the Income Tax Department requesting that your PAN be activated.
- Some documents must be attached in order for your PAN to be activated. The documents comprise a copy of the PAN on which you ordinarily file your Income Tax Returns, an Indemnity Bond in favor of the Income Tax Department, and a copy of the most recent three years of Income Tax Returns filed on the deactivated PAN.
It is important to note that once the department receives your request letter, it will take at least 10 to 15 days to reactivate your PAN.
You may receive a notification or an intimation from the Income Tax Department regarding an update and be required to respond online at times. If your PAN is deactivated, your e-filing login credentials are also prohibited, and you will be unable to respond. In such circumstances, you must contact your Jurisdictional AO as soon as possible to activate your PAN. Once your PAN has been activated, you must provide your online response.
How to Know the Details of Your PAN?
Those who want to know their PAN card details through the Income Tax Website must follow the steps outlined below:
Step 1: Go to the official website, which is the e-Filing Home Page.
Step 2: Choose “Register Yourself” or “Registered User” if you have previously registered.
Step 3: Choose your user type and press the “Continue” button.
Step 4: Complete the Registration Form and press the “Submit” button.
Step 6: An activation link will be emailed to the email address you entered.
Step 7: Go to the e-Filing website and sign in to your account.
Step 8: Go to the “Profile Settings” and “My Account” menus.
Step 1: Download the Indian PAN Card app from the Play Store or App Store.
Step 2: Launch the app and go to the last part of the homepage and click on Know Your PAN Information.
Step 3: On the following screen, provide all of the essential information, including your cell phone number.
Step 4: An OTP would be sent to your mobile number that has been registered; enter the OTP and press the submit button.
Step 5: On the following page, you can view your PAN information, including your PAN Card Number, First Name, Middle Name, Surname, and PAN Jurisdiction Information.
Conclusion You know how these documents come in handy in times of need. This is why you would have to be prepared and ready when you have to use it. You could never possibly walk in with an invalid or inactive document and have it work for you. This article can help you out in terms of a PAN card and how to get ready with it.